domingo, 7 de agosto de 2011

Three old friends


                 Do you know the crash  that comes  when  we need to talk about us?  It happens  a lot with me. I never  know  how to  start and then  the books appear. I always  wonder why  books? Why not  a trip to the beach,  a party or  anything  like that? No, books.  I even think  I'm kind  boring. I have many books in my house. Maybe that's  not fun for visitors. Finally is my home  and that's how  I feel fine. ( I really  would like  a story  with  more travel, more friends, events, finally more  adventures. But  things are  not so.)
                 There was  not much  information  on family. My grandparents and my parents have ideas consistent with  the nineteenth century than the twentieth century. Then the providence  of God  acted. By God's grace  I had  the opportunity to go to school. Soon I learned  to read  I met my  great friends; books.  Information,  entertainemet  and guidance. Great  companions!
                Why this talk about books and family?  Trying  to clean up  the mess  from  the shelves  I found  three old pats. Two of them  were  different  versions  to the book  Child's  History  of the world  de V. M. Hillyer.  One of them  was a translation  into portuguese  of  Godofredo Rangel  published  by Companhia editora nacional, other was  an adaptation by Monteiro Lobato (*1) which  gives to Dona Benta (*2) the task  of   telling  the story to her grandchildren  Narizinho, Pedrinho (*3), Emília (*4). She accomplishes  this  task  very well  for recouting   the adventures  of the original  text. Both are  very  enjoyable. Amazing  moments  of dream. I went from Babylon to Greece and  returned  to Egypt  on  an exciting supersonic flight. These books  have had previous  owners. I think they  went from hand  to hand until mine, because  one of them,  in his first page, has a dedication of Rebeca and Zuna Schechter para Brígida,  dated December 16, 1941. I have no idea  who  these people  are (time. These books appeared  on this planet before me). The other  belonged  to Edson my little friend  at that time. The third  was little  Christmas  story  I owned when  I was 12 years old. Zezé gives me it. She used  to be so friendly  and kind  that I never forgot her.
                 How many parallel stories!
                 All I know  the books are mine and I'm going  to keep them forever. Those are nice memories  wich help me to build my identity.

*1-Monteiro Lobato: Brazilian writer who created the serie for children's book  "Sítio do Pica-pau amarelo" (Yellow woodpecker Villa)
*2-Dona Benta:This character was a grandmother  who  loved  to tell  stories  to her  grandchildren
*3-Narizinho, Pedrinho:   characters-grandchildren
*4-Emília: character-rag dol     

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário